Tips to safeguard your privacy
Like other areas of the Internet, job sites have been a place that scammers are looking for their next victim. Don't let yourself be a victim of fraud.
Here are some facts you should know:
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed with us. In addition, we provide any equipment (i.e., computer, phone, etc.) necessary to perform your job duties.
- We don't ask for any bank account information (which is necessary to deposit salary) until after you begin employment with ING. ING employees are then provided a secure, password-protected site to provide personal information.
- All of our jobs are available for viewing through our career web site, which is available at the "About Us" section of ING.us.
If you feel that you've been a victim of fraud or identity theft, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm)
- The web site where you saw the job posting in question.