ING U.S., which plans to rebrand in the future as Voya Financial, is a premier retirement, investment and insurance company serving the financial needs of approximately 13 million individual and institutional customers in the United States. Our vision is to be America’s Retirement Company and our guiding principle is centered on solving the most daunting financial challenge facing Americans today — retirement readiness.
Working directly with clients and through a broad group of financial intermediaries, independent producers, affiliated advisors and dedicated sales specialists, ING U.S. provides a comprehensive portfolio of asset accumulation, asset protection and asset distribution products and services. With a dedicated workforce of approximately 7,000 employees, ING U.S. is grounded in a clear mission to make a secure financial future possible — one person, one family and one institution at a time.
Key facts about ING U.S.:
- A top-five retirement plan provider based on number of plans, participants and assets1
- $494 billion of assets under management and administration
- A full-service asset manager with 88 percent of mutual funds beating their 10-year Morningstar category average2
- A top-tier independent broker-dealer network in the U.S.3
- A top-tier provider of life insurance4
- A top-10 medical stop-loss coverage provider in the U.S.5
- ING U.S. serves approximately 13 million customers through 200,000 points of distribution
- ING U.S. employs approximately 7,000 people
1 Pensions & Investments Defined Contribution Record Keepers Survey, March 2013 (ING U.S. data provided as of 9/30/2012)
2 Morningstar as of 9/30/2013, Morningstar category, Asset-Weighted, 10-year Basis
3 InvestmentNews BD Data Center
4 LIMRA U.S. Individual Life Insurance Sales in the U.S. 2Q 2013 Participant Report
5 MyHealthGuide newsletter rankings as of 6/30/2013; does not include most managed healthcare providers