ING Employee Benefits Develops New Voluntary Disability Income Product
ING today announced a new disability income insurance product. Premier Disability Income insurance is designed to be utilized in the voluntary/worksite marketing arena. Disability income insurance is a benefit that provides enrolled employees with a partial income replacement should they become disabled and unable to work.
A leader in traditional group insurance benefits and voluntary insurance products, ING Employee Benefits offers a variety of insurance products through ReliaStar Life Insurance Company and its affiliates to supplement the core benefits provided by the employer. Premier Disability Income Insurance is conveniently offered on a payroll deduction basis and can replace a portion of income to help offset the financial losses that can result when an employee is unable to work due to injury or illness. Several additional features are also available:
- Underwriting Flexibility: Underwriting offers can be Simplified Issue (three health questions), Guaranteed Issue (no underwriting questions) or a combination of both Simplified and Guaranteed Issue.
- Comprehensive Plan Features: Premier Disability Income offers competitive weekly or monthly benefits, pre-existing condition standards and provisions for mental/nervous disorders and alcoholism/drug addiction.
- Competitive Rates: One-or two-year rate guarantees are available, with rate classifications of Standard, Preferred, or Government. Custom rates are also available.
- Attractive Compensation Programs: Premier Disability Income offers competitive compensation programs to reward producers for both the quantity and quality of business sold.
- Convenience for Consumers: Like all ING voluntary insurance products, Premier Disability Income offers an affordable option with the convenience of payroll deduction.
“We are recognized for early intervention efforts and appropriate disability management, all designed to ease the difficulty of dealing with an illness or injury,” said Curt Olson, Head of ING Employee Benefits, U.S. “We are pleased to add this new disability income product to our disability product portfolio. This helps meet the consumer need for security by providing protection to both the insured and their family.”
ReliaStar Life Insurance Company is a member of the ING family of companies. Each insurer is solely responsible for the financial obligations under the policies or contracts it issues.
ING Groep N.V. is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking, insurance and asset management to over 60 million private, corporate and institutional clients in more than 50 countries. With a diverse workforce of over 115,000 people, ING comprises a broad spectrum of prominent companies that increasingly serve their clients under the ING brand.
In the U.S., the ING family of companies offer a comprehensive array of financial services to retail and institutional clients which include life insurance, retirement plans, mutual funds, managed accounts, alternative investments, direct banking, institutional investment management, annuities, employee benefits, financial planning, and reinsurance. ING holds top-tier rankings in key U.S. markets and serves over 14 million customers across the nation. For more information, visit www.ing.com.
ING U.S. Financial Services