ING U.S. and the Education Market
At ING U.S. our goal is to educate the educators – working closely to help them fully understand their retirement options and how those options can work together to help them prepare for retirement. ING U.S. offers a broad range of tools to help educators quickly and easily understand the retirement options available to them. We provide value-added products and services to help educators save and invest wisely. We have been at the forefront developing real solutions for education employers’ 403(b) regulation responsibilities. In addition, we provide a comprehensive service model to help employees at all career stages to make educated decisions regarding their retirement future.
ING U.S. knows the education market
The ING U.S. family of companies has been providing products and services to Education plans since 1967. We are a leading provider in K-12 and a Top 5 player in Higher Education,1 and serve K-12 and Higher Education plans in all 50 states.
1 In LIMRA International's 3Q 2011 Not-For-Profit Markets survey of 28 major companies, ING U.S. ranks #1 in 3Q sales for K-12 plans and #4 for Higher Education.
Giving back to the education community
ING U.S. believes in the importance of recognizing and rewarding excellence in education. That’s why we are proud to support outstanding education initiatives in both K-12 and Higher Education.
Products & investments
There is no “one size fits all” way to save for retirement. That’s why our product line is specifically designed to meet the needs of employees at different life stages and varying levels of risk. Our product line includes:
- Variable annuity products offering investment options from well-known fund managers.
- Fixed and equity-indexed annuity products for more conservative investors.
- Mutual funds and self-directed brokerage options
- Rollover/payout products.
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the variable product and its underlying fund options, or mutual funds offered through a retirement plan, carefully before investing. The prospectuses/prospectus summaries/information booklets contain this and other information, and can be obtained by contacting your local representative. Please read the information carefully before investing.
Securities distributed by ING Financial Advisers, LLC (Member SIPC) and other broker-dealers with which ING Financial Advisers has a selling agreement.
With ING U.S., education plan sponsors have immediate access to information about their plans through our Plan Sponsor Web site. This in-depth site allows you to:
- Stay up-to-the-minute on plan and participant level investment information.
- Send contributions and back-up files over a secure connection.
- Much, much more.
We also offer online enrollment capabilities (where available).
Now more than ever, education employees need to understand all of the retirement savings options available to them. For some, this might mean learning the basics about saving for the future. Those further along in their careers may need help understanding how to preserve retirement income. ING U.S. has the tools and expertise to help all education employees work toward the retirement they deserve.
A key component of our programs is employee education. We combine one-on-one meetings with a robust library of materials and seminars to offer employees comprehensive, flexible access to information:
- Local representatives for individual meetings
- Educator’s Financial Analysis (EFA): when education employees meet with a local representative, they can see how all the pieces of their retirement income puzzle fit together with the help of this interactive calculator designed specifically for educators. Includes state-specific defined benefit projections and information, and educators receive a personalized retirement income gap analysis.
- Asset allocation assistance and tools
- Benefit comparison calculations
- Award-winning educational materials
- On-campus educational seminars
- Account access via toll-free phone, Internet, and local registered representatives
Online Account Access
Our web interface designed to meet the changing needs of participants by giving them increased access to their retirement accounts. Participants can:
- Get current account information.
- Review fund performance.
- Change the allocation of future contributions.
- Make transfers between existing investment options.
- Calculate different scenarios with our retirement income calculator and Allocation Mentor asset allocation tool (where available).
My Retirement Outlook
With this online, self-service version of the EFA calculator available online, employees can determine whether they may experience a gap in their retirement income, learn more details about their defined benefit plan, see the real-life impact of retirement savings on their paycheck, and much more.
Individual assistance is available for employees who are retiring and/or moving to or from another employer.
Any insurance products, annuities and funding agreements that you may have purchased are sold as securities and are issued by ING Life Insurance and Annuity Company ("ILIAC"), One Orange Way, Windsor CT 06095-4774 or ReliaStar Life Insurance Company (“ReliaStar"), 20 Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55401. Fixed annuities are issued by ILIAC or Reliastar. ILIAC or ReliaStar is solely responsible for meeting its obligations. Plan administrative services provided by ILIAC or ING Institutional Plan Services, LLC ("IIPS"). Neither ILIAC, ReliaStar nor IIPS engage in the sale or solicitation of securities. Securities are distributed by ING Financial Advisers, LLC (member SIPC), Directed Services, LLC (member SIPC) or other broker-dealers with which it has a selling agreement. All companies are members of the ING U.S. family of companies. All products or services may not be available in all states. C11-1206-008R (12/11)C10-0526-012R