Government Retirement Plan Services
We offer retirement plan solutions with a focus on the objectives that are important to you and your employees, including:
- Award-winning communications
- Local participant support and education
- Flexible investment strategies
- Specialized expertise in plan services
- Recordkeeping support and services
With the ING U.S. family of companies, you gain access to over 40 years of retirement expertise. As an advocate for a healthy and comfortable retirement, we offer solutions that help plan participants prepare and plan for retirement.
Discover why so many government plan sponsors have selected ING U.S. as their retirement plan administrator:
- Resources and services to help educate employees on taking full advantage of plan benefits
- Local service and support for your employees
- Flexible products and investments tailored to meet your needs
- Fiduciary solutions and resources
- Complementary technology solutions to help better manage your plan
Educational resources and services
Our customized education approach combines a suite of tools and services with flexible access to information.
- Award-winning “Your Number” education materials
- My Retirement Outlook retirement calculator to help employees better prepare to close the retirement income gap
- INGCompareme.com leverages the power of “peer comparison” to make it possible for participants to see where they stand in relation to others on financial matters
- Spanish materials1
- Customizable online education and enrollment2
- Transition counseling for job changers and retirees2
- U.S.-based call center with extended hours, including 24-hour participant and plan sponsor access through the Voice Response Unit (VRU)
1 May be available in certain instances.
2 Does not apply to all plans. Please refer to the proposal provided to your plan (if applicable).
Local service and support
ING U.S. understands the effective balance between the delivery of services through our in-person local team and our online technology solutions. Our dedicated local representatives are committed to helping employees appreciate and understand the important benefits available to them.
Flexible products and investments
We recognize the differences in the needs of our plan sponsors and our flexibility in product design allows you to customize a program with your interests in mind. Our relationships with more than 150 fund managers and access to over 12,000 funds allows you to create an investment menu utilizing various fund managers. Finally, our focus on full fee disclosure for both you and your employees improves understanding of the costs of participating in your plan.
You should consider the investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses of the investment options carefully before investing. Prospectuses containing this and other information can be obtained by contacting your local representative. Please read carefully before investing. Securities offered through ING Financial Advisers, LLC (member SIPC), One Orange Way, Windsor, CT 06095-4774.
ING U.S. places great importance on the ability to offer its plan sponsors services and tools designed to make their day-to-day responsibilities less burdensome and ongoing compliance easier. Key initiatives to help you meet your fiduciary responsibilities include:
- Legislative updates and plan sponsor newsletters
- Plan sponsor reporting
- IRS audit support
- Compliance Testing
- Plan sponsor advisory forum/council
- Sample plan documents and investment policy statements
- Fiduciary education and training
- ING Fund Evaluation ScorecardSM, a proprietary investment analytical tool independently certified by Wilshire Associates
ING U.S. pays an annual fee to Wilshire to compensate Wilshire for its services. ING U.S. also indemnifies Wilshire for any claims against Wilshire arising out of this Certificate, subject to standard commercial exceptions for gross negligence or willful misconduct. Neither Wilshire nor ING U.S. is rendering investment advice with respect to the Plan’s selection; the selection and ongoing monitoring of investment options will be performed by the Plan’s fiduciaries. Wilshire Associates is not a member of the ING U.S. family of companies. Wilshire is a registered service mark of Wilshire Associates Incorporated, Santa Monica, California.
ING U.S. understands the need for best-in-class technology to make it easier for plan sponsors and participants and to complement the in-person support we provide. Our plan sponsors can gain a thorough understanding of their plans and industry trends through our on-demand reporting capabilities and Benchmark Wizard tool. These data-mining tools help you access useful data to measure and improve plan metrics and identify education opportunities to help increase plan awareness, drive participation, and educate participants on the importance of saving for their financial future.
For participants, online capabilities include transactional features such as automatic enrollment arrangements, automatic contribution increase, contribution rate change service, and investment changes. In addition, we make it easy for them to access educational information through a library of resources including interactive calculators and online seminars.
“Wilshire” is a registered service mark of Wilshire Associates Incorporated, Santa Monica, California. Wilshire Funds Management uses mathematical and statistical investment processes to allocate assets, select managers and construct portfolios and funds in ways that seek to out perform their specific benchmarks. Past performance does not guarantee future returns, and processes used may not achieve the desired results. ING U.S. and its companies are not affiliated with the Wilshire family of companies and receive no fee or other direct financial benefits from Wilshire in connection with the use of its services.
Insurance products, annuities and funding agreements issued by ING Life Insurance and Annuity Company (“ILIAC”), which is solely responsible for meeting its obligations. Plan administrative services provided by ILIAC or ING Institutional Plan Services, LLC. All companies are members of the ING U.S. family of companies. Securities distributed by or offered through ING Financial Advisers, LLC (member SIPC) or other broker-dealers with which it has a selling agreement.C11-1206-009R