Life Insurance Claims
On behalf of ING US, please accept our condolences for your loss. We are here to help you as you deal with this difficult time and we will make every effort to process your claim as quickly as possible.
If you are a beneficiary or assisting a beneficiary of an ING Life Insurance policy, please follow the instructions below.
- Call the ING Life Claims Customer Support center Monday – Friday from 8:00 to 5:30 p.m. central 1-888-238-4840.
- For identification purposes, be ready to provide the following information about the deceased on the call:
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Policy number
- Social security number and marital status
- Upon completion of the call, a claims package will be sent to you.
This package can be delivered via US mail, email, or fax based on your personal preference. The claim paperwork contained in this package must be completed by the beneficiary of record and returned to ING, typically along with a certified death certificate.
ING Life Claims Mailing Address: PO Box 1548, Minneapolis, MN 55440
ING Life Claims Overnight Address: 20 Washington Avenue So, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Please allow 10 business days for us to review your claim status. For status updates, please call us at the Claims Customer Support Center after this timeframe. If additional information is required, we will notify you upon completion of our initial review.
Please remember that incorrect or incomplete forms may delay the processing of the claim. There may also be a delay in claims processing if additional information is required after we receive your paperwork.
Please review the following checklist prior to returning your completed claims packet:
- Be sure the claim form is fully completed and legible. Please contact the Claims Customer Support Center if you are unsure of how to complete this form.
- Ensure the beneficiary has signed the forms where required.
- Return pages 1 and 2 of the claim form.
- Include a certified copy of the insured’s death certificate. The funeral director can assist you in obtaining this document.
- Review the “Fraud Warning” notice for your state. This page does not need to be returned.
- Include any other documents we have requested along with the claim form.
If you have questions or need assistance with your claim, please call the Claims Customer Support Center and we will make every effort to complete your claim so that it may be processed as quickly as possible.
All Other Claims
For all other claim requests, such as Waiver of Premium Disability, Critical Illness and Wellness, Accelerated Living Benefit, Accident Only Disability, Unemployment Waiver of Premium, or Long Term Care claims, please call us at the ING Life Claims Customer Support center Monday – Friday from 8:00 to 5:30 p.m. central 1-888-238-4840.
If you are the beneficiary of an ING fixed, indexed or immediate annuity claim, please call 1-800-369-5303. For ING variable annuity claims, please call 1-800-366-0066.CN0831-4410-0914